With Easter tomorrow, I offered to work at the floral shop this morning to help set up and finish decorating for a children’s Easter party. It is fun to not only make floral arrangements but to go beyond and actually make decorations to go along with a theme.
We made a few different types of decorations. It was fun using different techniques to create new designs. We actually made a few live floral arrangements, they were beautiful. We planted a variety of colored tulips into chalkboard pots and drew small Easter Doodles on them. The best part is about live floral arrangements is they can plant them outside after the event to have flowers for the spring.
We also made tulip filled Easter egg baskets. It is really simple, we just found a bunch of old baskets filled the bottom with floral foam and inserting many different colors of tulips. They turned out to be very cute center pieces at the tables.
One of my favorite decorations we made was an Easter egg tree. It was also really easy to make, here are the directions if you want a cute accent for your home.
Easter Egg Tree
• Pot or bucket
• Floral Foam
• Branches, either pussy willow, magnolia, cherry blossom, etc.
• Large-eyed needle
• Blown and decorated eggs, or any sort of artificial decorated eggs
• Fill the pot or metal bucket with the floral foam. Insert the branches into the foam.
• Loop the ribbon through the eggs and hang on the branches.
It is super easy and looks so beautiful!
Another easy Easter decoration we made were Peep Vases
• Square or rectangular glass vase
• Glass stones
• Two packages of peeps
• Floral Foam
• Fresh cut flowers of your choice
• Fill the bottom of the vase with 1 ½ inch with the glass stones. Line the peeps around the sides of the vase and place the floral foam in the center of the peeps.
• Insert the fresh flowers into the floral foam
This time of year is so beautiful with all the bring colors and flowers everywhere. It was really fun making seasonal arrangements with a decorative twist. I really enjoy working events where I can go with the theme to create an array of arrangements and decorations.