This week I was in a cooking mood. I always enjoy trying new foods and recipes, so I decided to challenge myself to a new recipe every day this week. And being the Pinterest addict I am, I found almost all my recipes on there. Gosh, I love Pinterest so much!
It was fun cooking something new every day. I would encourage more people to try a week of new recipes. Your taste buds will thank you! Here are my recipes I tried from Pinterest! 🙂
Shrimp and Veggies on the Grill
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 large lemon, juiced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 dozen large uncooked, deveined shrimp
• 2 cups mixed vegetables
• In a glass measuring cup, combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
• Place shrimp and vegetables in an airtight plastic container. Pour oil mixture over shrimp and veggies, gently stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate while grill is preheated on medium heat.
• Create foil packets by folding the ends together and spoon shrimp and veggie mixture in.
• Place packets on grill, close, and cook for 10-12 minutes until the shrimp is cooked and veggies are hot. Enjoy!
Steak and Spinach Quesadilla with Provolone
• 1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil
• 2 oz. steak (leftovers work great, or whatever you have on hand)
• A big handful of spinach
• 1- 6in whole grain tortilla
• 1 slice provolone cheese
• Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet. Add steak and heat until heated through. Toss in the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove steak and spinach from pan. Place one tortilla in the pan and heat through. Flip the tortilla and place half a slice of cheese on one half of the tortilla.
• Layer the steak and spinach over the cheese and then place the other half of cheese on the top. Fold the tortilla onto itself to create a half moon. Place a tea kettle or another heavy pot on top of the tortilla to press it down for about 30 seconds. Flip quesadilla and do the same on the other side
• Remove quesadilla form the pan and allow to cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup-
• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 1 can chopped green chilies (7 oz.)
• 1 can diced, or crushed tomatoes (8 oz.)
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 ear of corn, shucked (or 1 cup of frozen corn)
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• ½ tsp. paprika
• ½ tsp. chili powder
• ½ tsp. black pepper
For serving and topping (optional)-
• Crushed tortilla chips
• Fresh minced cilantro
• Fresh lime juice
• Hot sauce or fresh chopped jalapeno
• In a slow cooker add all the soup ingredients. Gently mix together all the ingredients to make everything combine well.
• Cover and cook the soup on low for 7 hours or about 4 hours on high
• Gently shred the chicken with two forks and stir the soup to mix the chicken in evenly.
• Top the soup with crushed tortilla chips, cilantro or other optional toppings. Squeeze some fresh lime juice on the top and enjoy!
I have also made some really good snacks this week-
Coconut Cinnamon Apples-
• 1 large apple (any variety)
• 1 tbsp. coconut oil
• Slice up the apple and pan sear it in one tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook for a few minutes, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Wedges-
• 2 medium sweet potatoes
• Approximately 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
• Sea salt
• Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Cut potatoes into small wedges and place in large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and sea salt on the wedges and mix until fully coated with olive oil and salt.
• Transfer sweet potato wedges to a cooking sheet and bake for 20 mins. At 20 mins, toss the wedges around to prevent from sticking and bake for another 20-25 minutes with an occasional toss.
• When the wedges are turning light brown, turn the oven to broil and cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
I also made stuffed tomatoes and shrimp and spinach pasta in a garlic cream sauce. It was such a good week of new meals. Follow me on Pinterest to see all the yummy recipes I find! 🙂
Until next time,