After Thanksgiving and the transition to peppermint flavored everything I decided I needed to make the most of this ending pumpkin lovers season. I mean, who doesn’t love pumpkin? I feel like I have been flavoring everything with pumpkin, pumpkin spice, or pumpkin and cinnamon, but I am not mad about it.
Pumpkin, whether fresh or canned, is wonderful in so much more than just pies. Here are a few of my favorite pumpkin recipes for the fall. I hope you milk up the pumpkin season while it lasts!
Spiced Pumpkin Biscuits
- About 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. chilled butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tbsp. honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl. Cut the butter in the mixture until it looks like coarse meal and refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Combine the buttermilk and honey and stir until well blended then add the pumpkin and stir. When that is mixed together add to the flour mixture and stir until moist and combined.
- Knead the dough on a flowered surface until the right consistency, and use a 1 ¾ biscuit cutter to cut the dough into about 14 dough rounds. Place the rounds 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes until browned. Cool and enjoy the pumpkin goodness!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Shake, so so so so delicious!
- 2 cups vanilla reduced fat ice cream, softened
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ tsp. pumpkin-pie spice
- 3 tbsp. fat-free whipped topping
- Combine all the ingredients except the whipped toppings in a blender and blend until smooth. Top with the whipped topping and enjoy drinking a pumpkin pie!
To spread pumpkin on everything you want,
- 2 lbs. peeled, seeded and diced pumpkin, can be substituted with canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a pot combine pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, and salt and bring to a simmer and stir until the pumpkin is tender. Continue simmering for about 20 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- After mixture is thickened put in blender and blend until smooth. And then after blended, return to pot and heat for about 10 minutes on low. Cool and spread the pumpkin love on everything!