Spring has sprung! I love spring, it is the best time of the year, everything is blooming and new energy and happiness can be found everywhere. J Since changing my lifestyle and eating healthier I am more aware of the “in season” fruits and vegetables. There are so much variety in the spring, I feel like it is much easier to eat healthy. After the changes I have made this past year, I feel like it is a great time to rediscover my healthy life and find some new recipes.
My husband and I have been taking turns cooking for each other depending who is home first. He has recently been on a health kick that I am totally okay with. He went to the doctor a few months ago and decided to make a change for a better life. We stay active with each other and have been trying to continue to eat healthy.
I found a few easy spring recipes that I want to try!
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 ½ lbs. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lbs. sugar snap peas
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring until fragrant. Add shrimp and peas, cook and continue stirring until the shrimp are almost cooked through. Stir in coconut milk, lemon juice, and salt.
- Bring to boil and cook until the shrimp have cooked through.
- 1 oz. refrigerated cooked beef roast au jus
- 1 lb. small round red potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, sliced in ¾ in pieces
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- In a large skillet cook beef roast, covered over medium heat for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes more until juices are reduced.
- Place vegetables in microwave dish, drizzle with cooking oil and sprinkle with pepper, toss to coat. Cover with lid and microwave for 10 minutes until tender
- Stir vegetables into the skillet with beef.
- To make the herb garlic mixtures, combine parsley, garlic, and lemon peel to a small bowl.
- Serve and sprinkle with herb-garlic mixture. Enjoy!
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 8 oz. mushrooms, halfved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon peel
- Sliced lemon
- 3 cups fresh broccoli
- 1, 10 oz. container of refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large skillet brown the chicken and mushrooms in hot oil. Add broccoli and lemon slices to skillet. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken and vegetables on plates, add Alfred sauce to the skillet and heat through. Serve with drizzled on top on chicken. Add lemon peel and pepper.
There are so many delicious recipes using fresh vegetables this season. I have found so many on Pinterest that look absolutely wonderful! I can’t wait to get cooking and eating healthy.
Until Next time,