It is almost Valentine’s Day, one of the busiest most romantic days for florists. Valentine’s Day is a great way to make sure you celebrate the romance and love in relationships. Although I have to work at the floral shop during the day, my boss said that I will be off in the early afternoon. Providing my husband and I the perfect time to have a romantic afternoon and dinner at our home.
I believe that best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach; at least that is the case, for my hubby. Instead of going out to dinner and waiting in line with all the couples kissing, we decided to have a romantic dinner just the two of us at home. I am so happy Valentine’s Day is on Saturday this year, we have all afternoon to spend with each other and be romantic and kissy 🙂 …Clara and Bobby would laugh at us if they read that.
When I get home from work, my husband and I decided to go on a bike ride on a trail we have wanted to go on for a while and then cook our favorite dishes for dinner. We are going to have such a great time in each other’s company. I am so happy that we have time to spend together with no distractions.
Obviously I have to make a beautiful flower arrangement for our special dinner. 🙂 I have been looking up new ideas so I can create a uniquely perfect center piece. I found one I really like with roses, peonies, and tulips. It might be a little more difficult than the other ones I have made but my husband is going to think it is great regardless.
We are going to have a beautiful dinner with the flowers and our favorite foods. Here are our favorite recipes that we are going to make for our romantic Valentine’s Day dinner.
• 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 1 pinch ground black pepper
• 1 egg, beaten
• ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 ½ tsp. sage
• ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
• 2 boneless pork chops
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tbsp. butter
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and lightly grease a 7×11 inch baking dish
• Mix the flour, salt, ground pepper in a small bowl. Then combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, sage, and lemon peel in a shallow dish.
• Gently coat the pork chops in the flour mixture then dip into beaten egg then press into bread crumbs. Toss between hands to any crumbs not fully stuck on fall off.
• Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the pork chops on each side for about 4 minutes and place on prepared baking dish. Bake until meat is fully cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes.
• 4 medium sweet potatoes
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• ¾ tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. ground black pepper
• Flaky sea salt if desired to top
• Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and place in oven so they become hot.
• Cut the sweet potatoes into ½ inch sticks and toss them in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place them on the heated baking sheets lined with foil.
• Bake them while rotating the pan and fires until edges are lightly browned and centers are tender. About 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired.
• 2 cups frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
• ¼ cup sugar
• ½ cup whipped cream
• Place the strawberries and sugar into a food processor and process until finely chopped.
• In a small bowl beat the whipped cream and fold in the berries. Freeze for about 15 minutes or until your desired consistency. Serve with chocolate cover strawberries, everyone has their own favorite recipe, and enjoy!
There is no doubt that this is going to be a delicious meal with all our favorite foods. We still have to come up with a salad but I don’t think it will be a problem, my husband loves coming up with things on the spot. It is going to be a delicious Valentine’s Day with the one I love the most. Hope your Valentine’s Day is extra special! 🙂
Until next time, ❤