With Thanksgiving right around the corner I need to make sure I stay on track with my healthy lifestyle. I can’t even imagine how terrible a family party already packed with people would be if I got a hot flash right in the middle of it. I am going to make a commitment to myself to stay on track. I have loved the way I feel each day I am focusing on me and my health so I am not going to let the holidays change that.
I am making commitments and goals for myself this holiday season. Instead of keeping them to myself, I am going to share them with all of you so I can be held accountable. Hopefully it works! Here are my 5 commitments and goals to abide by this holiday season
1. I need to make sure I plan time for exercise. Since beginning working out I have noticed a positive change in my stress and my menopausal symptoms. I am going to try to make sure I exercise at least three times a week for about an hour.
2. With food so abundant everywhere, I need to make sure that I am conscious about what I am eating and how much. I have come so far with my healthy lifestyle I don’t want to fall off the track. I am going to make sure that I eat until I’m satisfied and not stuffed.
3. Drinks have so many hidden calories and sugar. I have been doing well drinking water and only having one cup of coffee a day. I need to make sure I focus on drinking water and only having a FEW yummy holiday drinks!
4. Munching is a problem for me. With an array of delicious appetizers it is hard to stop. By the time were about to sit down to eat, I am usually full from the appetizers. I am really going to try to control that, and if I do eat them to eat fruits and veggies instead of the cheesy and hearty ones.
5. Lastly, I am going to focus on having the best holiday because my children are going to be here so much in the next two months! I AM SO EXCITED!
So here they are…I am going to be honest and try to follow them; number 5 shouldn’t be too difficult. I will make sure to tell you about my highs and lows this holiday season. Keep me accountable friends!
Until next time,